Author: Deborah

Dog on the Wirral who contracted lungworm in 2019

Vet’s Warning After Wirral Dog Contracts Rare Deadly Disease Linked To Slugs And Snails

Posted on

A vet has issued a warning to dog owners after a Wirral family almost lost their beloved pet to a rare and deadly disease linked to slugs and snails. Vet Dylan Payne, of Acorn Veterinary Centre in West Kirby, is part of the team helping…

Young Dog Who Broke His Leg While Chasing Car Is Now A Star Player In Flyball Team

Posted on

A dog who broke his leg while chasing a car has gone on to have a successful career in the canine sport of flyball. Bryn the Border Collie has come on leaps and bounds since the accident when he was a pup. But thanks to…

Vets Save Kitten Which Fell Into Recycling Machinery

Posted on

A STRAY kitten has cheated death and made a miraculous recovery from the horrific injuries it suffered after falling into a recycling machine. The black and white cat – named Pip by her rescuers – was only five weeks old when she was discovered by workers…

Elderly Dog On Road To Recovery After Jumping Off Narrowboat

Posted on

AN elderly dog who ‘got spooked’ and jumped off a narrowboat at the exact same spot where her owner’s brother drowned as a child is making a great recovery after getting her leg mangled in a propeller. Tasha the 14-year-old shih tzu is enjoying a…

Dog’s Lucky Sultana Escape Leads To Warning By Warrington Vet For Pet Owners This Christmas

Posted on

A WARRINGTON vet has issued a festive warning to keep mince pies and Christmas cake out of the way of pets after a golden retriever ate a whole bag of sultanas which could have killed him. Emily Guest of Beech House Veterinary Centre in Wilderspool…

Loveable Rescue Dog Naomi Lends Her Paw To Cheshire-Based Vet Christmas Collection Campaign

Posted on

A LOVEABLE rescue dog who nobody wants is lending her paw to a Christmas collection campaign being run by a Cheshire-based veterinary group. Naomi, the adorable six-year-old American bulldog cross, has a winning and loving personality which makes her a firm favourite with her carers…

Vets Save Crafty Cat Sir Dexter Who Swallowed Owner’s Sewing Thread

Posted on

A CRAFTY cat with a craving for sewing thread has cottoned on that eating it is bad for you after being rescued from the brink of death by vets. The thread caused Sir Dexter Purrbody’s small intestine to “concertina like a hair scrunchie” after some…

Vets Save The Life Of A Cat Thought To Have Been Hit By A Train

Posted on

VETS have saved the life of a cat who suffered horrific injuries which they believe were caused when it was hit by a train. Skye, a 16-month-old British shorthair, managed to make her way home scaling a six foot fence with her tail hanging off and…

Laundry-Loving Pup Ruby Swallows Sock

Posted on

A laundry-loving pup who swallowed a size 11 men’s sock had a lucky escape after a vet managed to remove it – by pulling it out the other end. Ruby, the five-month-old Welsh Springer Spaniel was violently sick after eating the garment, unbeknownst to her…

Courageous Cat Shadow Battles Back Home with Severe Injuries

Posted on

A COURAGEOUS cat is adapting to life on three legs after miraculously avoiding certain death and surviving severe injuries inflicted after he was thought to have been hit by a car.   Although two-year-old Shadow somehow escaped without any broken bones, his wounds were so…

© 2019 Abbeycroft Veterinary Surgery. All rights reserved.
Website Made by iWeb.